Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Superhero for a Day


During a trip to Tagaytay, we decided to check out Tagaytay Zipline at the Picnic Grove.  I decided to include this in our itinerary because I had this childhood dream of being able to fly.  While the zipline is only 250 meters long and 300 feet off the ground, I figured it's the next best thing.


After we paid Php200 (2-way weekday rate), we were strapped on a harness (belongings included) and then we waited for what seems like forever for manong to give us a gentle push.


It's just how I imagined flying feels like.  Feeling the wind against your face then looking down to a lush greenery.  The whole experience is so exhilarating!  Super duper.


I just felt like Tagaytay Zipline was a little bitin, I was expecting a longer zipline.  Also, I think that there are parts of the line that are not safe.  They're using rubber tires a stoppers!  When we hit the end of the zipline I panicked a bit because I felt like we were going to crash into a concrete wall.  I don't know, maybe it's just me.  But since this is the first time I ziplined, I really have no idea what to expect.

My rant aside, Tagaytay Zipline is something definitely worth trying.  For a few minutes, you know how it feels like to be a superhero.

No comments: