Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Bacalao


It just started with a conversation that went something like this:

Friend's Fiance (FF): Are you familiar with Bacalao? 
Me: Yeah, salted cod.
FF: No.  The fresh one.
Me: No.
FF: It's my favorite fish and that's what we're having for dinner.

Fresh bacalao, as it turns out is one of the oiliest and tastiest fish I've tried.  Apparently it's so oily that bacalao attack (the kind that ends in the bathoom) is a common side effect.  Truth be told, I've never experienced this personally but my friends testify otherwise so I'll just leave that to another post.

Anyway, simply seasoned with salt and pepper and grilled to perfection,bacalao is smoky, moist, juicy and totally delicious.  Too bad, this fish is hard to come by.


 We were also served fresh off the grill sugpo and halabos na talangka.




The conversation about fresh bacalao ended with one of the best seafood spreads to date.

No comments: