Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Mamu's Boullabaise


Mamu hurriedly went to market because we were expecting company for lunch.  

She came home all excited and announced that she is cooking Boullabaise.  Not to be confused with the classic French fish stew, Mamu's Boullabaise is actually a creamy seafood stew.  
  
Saute garlic and onions
 
Then carrots, celery and green peppers (I forgot to take a picture of the celery)
Add water (or stock), then the seafood.
Bring to a boil, then add Cream of Mushroom (I prefer the canned variety but Mamu always uses the powdered one in a a pouch)
Voila! Seafood creamy goodness!

Boullabaise has been one of our comfort foods growing up but it's been awhile since Mamu cooked this. Tough I can easily replicate this dish, as I've done a couple of times, it's still different if Mamu makes it.  I know it sounds cheesy, but she really makes comfort food more comforting.

No comments: