Thursday, July 22, 2010

Tulingan for Breakfast


Mamu made Sinaing na Tulingan yesterday.


I know it doesn't look appetizing at all but this is one of my favorite dishes.  That's saying a lot coming from someone who's not really into fish.

From what Mamu told me, this dish hails from Batangas and the recipe is handed down from her Lola to my Lola to her, you get the picture.  Most of my relatives from her side have their own recipe for Sinaing na Tulingan, but I think our version is the best.

Everytime we have this dish, I look forward to breakfast.  I rarely have breakfast but waking up early to this is so worth it.

This is one of my favorite breakfasts ever.

We always fry our tulingan.

Fried rice with a lot garlic.

Best with an ice cold glass of Coke and a siding of green mango with fish sauce and garlic. 

Haaay...life is good.

No comments: